Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Happy Easter!

What a great season Easter is!  It is a great time to remember our Savior Jesus Christ.  General Conference was such an inspiration and motivator for me.   All the talks seemed made just for  
me.  I am sure everyone feels that way, which shows how inspired the apostles are.  I loved Elder Holland's talk on the Savior especially.  It gave me some new insight into the atonement of our Savior.  He described the Savior's solitary journey to overcome sin and death and testified of the resulting blessings to all mankind.  At the end of his talk to asked for us not to leave the Savior alone like he was on the cross.  He is here for all of us... all we have to do is to come unto Him.  The talk gave me an even greater appreciation for the atonement and what a miraculous thing it is.  

For Easter we went over to our Grandparents and had dinner together and did a little egg hunt.  We also fasted that Sunday.  I haven't done so for so long because of the pregnancy and then the breastfeeding.   I felt really sick and was wondering why, and then it hit me...I hadn't fasted for a long time and it was taking a toll on me.  Anyway, it was such a great Easter Sunday and the family was excited to see Cameron as usually.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Hey I didn't know you had a blog! How cute! Now that our boys are done with finals, we should definitely hang out soon!